I finally had the chance yesterday to start stitching on the new (and hopefully, improved) version of the hamsa piece for F.I.N.E. We are having a meeting this coming Wednesday and this needs to be completed or at least VERY far along.
I pulled out my embroidery floss and started auditioning colors. I had a pretty good idea about where I wanted to go, but the subtleties of the colors required a bit of thought.
I also wanted to try some stitch variations for the eyes on the fingertips, including: back stitch, stem stitch, satin stitch and chain stitch.
I actually liked the look of the back side of the back stitch which appeared as a looser version of the stem stitch. Rather than working from the back, I decided to do a less regular stem stitch. The finished sample eye is what I'm planning for the final piece.
There is still much to do.
Yesterday's entertainment while stitching included watching/listening to Mystic River and part of The Shining...what a strange combination...wonder if it had any effect on my stitching!