Remember my saying that I thought I liked it better than this?
I've decided to redo the hamsa piece for F.I.N.E.
The first thing I did was to enlarge it. It will now fill out most of the 12" square canvas.
I also decided that I would create three separate fabrics, back them each with a fusible, cut out the needed shapes and fuse them together. I want this piece to be bolder than my original concept.
Today, I worked on the orange fabric that will be used for the hamsa hand.
After a wash of color with Pebeo Setacolor Transparent Fabric Paint, I applied Pebeo Opaque Fabric Paint with a piece of scrunched plastic wrap.
I decided that I wanted to create a hot glue block with circular designs that would fit within the hand.
At first, I made one print with the hot glue block on the orange fabric. I used light orange Opaque paint. It was barely noticeable and very boring.
I then decided to print the fabric with the block multiple times, changing the orientation of the block as well as printing it in two different shades of orange.
This is how it came out.
|Orange fabric detail|
Definitely much more interesting!
Tomorrow, I work on the other fabrics.
Post a Comment