First I did a couple of test samples.
Then I moved onto a larger piece of fabric. My first grid was chicken wire fencing. I used it as a stencil and applied Pebeo Setacolor Opaque Fabric Paint with a foam dauber.
I applied washes of diluted Pebeo Setacolor Transparent Fabric Paint over the fabric.
After the color washes dried, I collected some dandelion leaves. I applied Opaque paint to the backs of the leaves with a foam dauber and printed the fabric.
I'm happy with this piece of fabric. I plan to do some more.
|Detail of Dandelion and Grid fabric|
I can imagine that final art pieces will be combinations of several fabrics.
I was thinking what fu you'd had and that the photos were cool and then I got to that last shot....oh! Simply wonderful!ReplyDelete
Thanks. I was motivated by you and Pam and my friend M. M reminded me that the weeds won't be around forever and that I better get printing!Delete
I think I really needed to have grids. I guess they are grounding.
And then I thought it might be a great contrast to have other fabrics in which the weeds are doing their own thing.
There seems to be potential here.
So I am taking your advice and working bigger but more importantly, taking your example and plan to make lots of fabric while I still have weeds!!!