|Orange hamsa after adding another layer of transparent paint|
It's almost 11:00 PM and I wanted to get a post up on the blog about progress on the Hamsa project. I got a lot accomplished today but I've decided to break it down into parts, so here goes part one.
I started out by painting another layer of transparent paint to both the hands and oval backgrounds.
|Turquoise hamsa after adding another layer of transparent paint|
I then added more glue using a "detailer" which is a small plastic bottle with a precision tip.
|Orange hamsa after applying more glue with the detailer|
|Turquoise hamsa after adding more glue with the detailer|
After the glue dried, I used the Pentel dye pastels to add more layers of color to the orange hamsa and its background.
|Drawing with the dye pastels|
I also added some color to the oval background of the turquoise hamsa. I did this by slipping a texture block under the fabric and rubbing the pastels over the fabric to pick up the design.
|Rubbing on fuchsia background using pastels|
I set the pastels with an iron. I am now ready to move on to the next step which is printing with opaque fabric paint. I'll go into that in part two.
|After the pastels have been set|
|The pastels have been set. Time to move on to opaque fabric paint|