Some of the fabric squares are large enough that I was going to have some difficulty moving them from the table to the drying area. I decided to use a knotting technique on the largest piece. I have a tutorial post on how to do this technique here.
I didn't get a photo of the cloth before wrapping, but this technique does seem to make for a really nice wrap.
For the other, smaller piece of fabric, I started with an intentional wipe up cloth. I also have a tutorial post for this technique.
After the fabric dried, I printed a few designs on it.
This is how it looked after wrapping up one of the ceramic tea cups.
Although, I like the look of the smaller piece of fabric, as a fabric, I'm not sure it's as successful as the overall design produced by the knotted resist.
I am learning more about this everyday. Although, I have to admit, I'm not sure I really have the time to wrap all the ceramic gifts in fabric! As usual, I think I'm Wonder Woman! The pressures and obligations of this season seem to be catching up with me...
Post a Comment