First, I wanted to create some fabric sets for Potomac Fiber Arts Gallery. The jury for the Holiday Show is tomorrow. I printed up some smaller pieces of colorful fabric. I decided to call each set a Deconstructed 9-Patch. There's enough fabric for a miniature 9-patch quilt including the binding. They were fun to make but if I decide to enter them on a continuing basis, I will have to come up with a more efficient way to make them.
I also spent a great deal of time working on the project for the next issue of Julie B Booth Surface Design News. The next issue (#7) comes out on Saturday, November 24. It's a multiple step project and the fabrics are now covered with a flour paste resist and need to dry completely before the next step. I'm looking forward to seeing how the fabrics turn out and part of the project is using the fabrics to wrap things up. If you would like to subscribe, it's very easy. Just go to the Newsletter Sign Up in the right hand column, input your email address and press Subscribe.
Oh yes...I haven't forgotten...the names went into the hat and my husband pulled out the piece of paper...that said Ersi. Congratulations! You are the winner of the Violet Challenge Fabric.
Now it's back to work!