Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Boro-Style Fun in June & July: Online Workshops with Julie

Boro-style Bag Project (large bag).

Update May 6, 2022: Classes are starting to form up! Let me know if you'd like to join in on the fun in one or more of these workshops:

June 13 & 20 (10 AM-12:30 PM): Itty Bitty Boro Book
June 15 & 22 (6:30-9): Boro-Style Bag
June 18 (1 PM-6:30 PM includes half hour lunch break): Boro-Style Bag
July 6 & 7 (10 AM-12:30 PM): Boro-Style Bag
July 26 & 27 (6:30-9 PM) Itty Bitty Boro Book

Looking for some creative projects to keep you busy and stitching over the summer? I hope that you'll join me on Zoom in June and/or July for a choice of two Boro-style stitching projects: My popular Itty Bitty Boro Book and for the first time on Zoom...my Boro-Style Bag. With both projects you'll enjoy the meditative flow of the Running stitch, build patterns from intersecting stitching and beautiful textural surfaces while creating something special for yourself or to share.

Just like the May Minis workshops, I will list dates and times that I'm available to teach. You get to choose which of the two workshops you'd like to take (or maybe try both!) and the dates and times that work best for you. Contact me at threadborn@gmail.com and I will match you with others having the same interest and availability. I need at least three people for a workshop to run. You can also choose to put your own group together to guarantee a spot. Scheduling is on a first come, first served basis, so contact me as soon as you can!

Working on the closure for the Itty Bitty Boro Book.

These workshops are longer that the Minis...they are five hours. You can choose to do the one day 5-hour option (plus a half hour break) or the two shorter sessions of 2.5 hours each. I'm also offering some different times to accommodate time zones. The cost of each workshop is $65.

Large Boro-Style Bag in Traditional Indigos

Kits

This time I'll be offering optional project kits. You can choose between a Bare Bones option where you will supply your own fabric scraps or a Full Kit option where I supply you with everything except for thread. Contact me for color palettes. Kits must be ordered at least two weeks before the class is scheduled.

Email me at threadborn@gmail.com for more particulars such as how to pay, supply lists and handouts.

The workshops will be recorded and students will have access to the recording for a month.

Possible Dates and Times: All times are Eastern USA:

Full-day includes a half-hour break:

Saturday, June 18: 10:00 AM-3:30 PM OR 1:00-6:30 PM

Saturday, July 2: 10:00 AM-3:30 PM OR 1:00-6:30 PM

Two-session options:

Monday, June 13 and June 20: 10:00 AM- 12:30 PM

Wednesday. June 15 and June 22: 6:30-9:00 PM

Wednesday, July 6 and Thursday July 7: 10:00 AM-12:30 PM

Tuesday, July 26 and Wednesday July 27: 6:30-9:00 PM

ITTY BITTY BORO BOOK

Itty Bitty Boro Books
Design a small format (3"square), accordion-style cloth book using special fabric scraps from your own collection (or select a kit option). Arrange your scraps on wool felt square pages and embellish with Sashiko-style Running stitch patterns for a beautiful and rustic 2-sided book.
Two kit options: Bare Bones: Wool felt squares, ribbon, and #3 needle $10 plus shipping. Full Kit: Bare Bones plus assorted fabric scraps, painted cheesecloth and 2 buttons for closures $20 plus shipping.

One of two sides of the book.

BORO-STYLE BAG
Two of the small size bags.
Design a beautiful hand-stitched Boro-style bag from special fabric scraps. Enhance your bag with patterns and details using variations of the Running stitch. Add a closure and lining. Learn a twining technique for creating trim and a strap.
Kit comes in two sizes: Small (3.5" x 14.5") and Large (4.5"-5" x 18" cellphone size). Bare Bones: Wool felt base, tulle, button, #3 needle. Small $10, Large $12 plus shipping. Full kit: Bare Bones plus fabric scraps, lining fabric, yarns for trim and strap. Small $25, Large $35 plus shipping.

Large Boro Bag in Earthy tones.

Thanks and hope to see you in class!-- Julie

No comments: